Thursday, 30 April 2015

L'Oreal Mythic Oil Review


I always talk about how my hair has no life and they are way too frizzy,  so today I'm going to review a product that I'm pretty sure was made in heaven because it has worked wonders for my hair (not exaggerating, I promises)  My parlor lady recommended this product to me and she told me that they've been getting good reviews from the customers so I decided to give it a try.

About the Product
MYTHIC OIL- Indulge in the Ultimate Oil Ritual. Featuring in-salon and at-home products designed to balance the natural oil levels in the hair: cleansed at the root, nourished at the ends.

Hair Type
For all hair types

Ingredients
Avocado Oil: packed with Vitamins A, B1, B2, D and Omega 3 oils that deliver lightweight nourishment and shine. 
Grape Seed Oil: contains highly concentrated amounts of linoleic acid, one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world to protect against environmental aggressors.

Benefit
- Provides legendary shine and frizz protection
- Weightless nourishment for all hair types

Application
An easier blow-dry:
Apply 2 to 3 pumps to damp mid-lengths and ends for enhanced smoothness and suppleness.
A touch of sparkle:
Warm a pump in your hands, apply to dry mid-lengths and ends to control frizz and add shine to your hair.
All day frizz-control:
Apply to dry ends as needed during the day for frizz-control and smoothness.
Add shine to any style:
Add 1-2 drops of Mythic Oil to your favorite styling product. The result will be beautiful softness and shine.










The first time I tried it I thought it was going to leave my hair oily because well, it's an oil and I don't have a good experience with hair serums and hair oils. I've got long hair and they weigh down my hair, leaving them limp. But this mythic oil gets absorbed in the hair in no time without leaving my hair greasy. Hands down this is the best hair oil I've ever used.

This product is amazing, it left my hair instantly soft and shiney. My hair has never felt so soft in a long time, I just can't stop touching my hair cause it's so freaking soft.

About the packaging, the Mythic Oil comes in a transparent gold plastic bottle with a capped pump dispenser. I like the fact that it's transparent makes it easy to see how much product has been used. The pump dispenser also comes in handy as you can control the amount of oil you want to take out.

After towel drying my hair, I divide them in two parts and use one pump (penny sized) for one side. I pump it on my palms, rub the palms together and apply it from the mid-length of my hair to the tips. So basically I've been using 2 pumps of this oil on my hair and I've been using this product for over 2 months now and you can see from the picture above that only a little portion of the product is used. You get 125ml in a bottle and I have a feeling that this product is going to last a long time.

This oil has a medium consistency, not too thick and not watery like. It smells a little bit like mix of herbs but the fragrance is not too strong. In fact I like the fragrance, which is a first for me.

I can't remember the last time I let my hair air-dry and they looked good. But but but, I have not blow dried my hair in two months and that is like a big accomplishment for me. My hair is naturally wavy and add frizz to it, you have the worst looking hair ever but Mythic Oil helped tame the frizz and my unruly waves. My hair has started looking a lot healthier and I've been getting a lot of compliments on it *flips hair*

I normally apply it whenever I wash my hair but at days when I want to add shine to my hair, I take 4-5 drops and just run the fingers through my hair, specially when getting ready for an event.

All in all this is an incredible product that you need to have in your life, because it has changed my life. It makes my hair super soft, shiny and manageable without making them greasy.

The Good
Absorbs into hair
Smells good
Does not look greasy
Makes hair soft and sleek
Transparent bottle

The Bad
A little expensive

Price
I got it for 2600rs (26$). I don't think it's easily available it the market, I got mine from the saloon.
And yes, I totally recommend this product.

Rating
5/5

Thanks for reading x
what are your thoughts on L'Oreal Mythic Oil?

6 comments: